Bankruptcy Local Rule 5010-1
Print PDF


Any party wishing to file a pleading or other document in a closed case must submit a motion and order reopening the case, and pay the attendant fee unless otherwise ordered by the court.


11 U.S.C. § 350(b)
Fed. R. Bankr. P. 5009, 5010

Advisory Committee Notes:

There are only limited circumstances where the court may act without reopening a case.  See Fed. R. Bankr. P. 9024.  The "attendant fee" is the same as the filing fee for a case under such chapter in effect as of the time of the motion to reopen.  See 28 U.S.C. § 1930(b).  The Miscellaneous Fee Schedule can be found at

As provided in the described fee schedule, the court may waive the filing fee in appropriate circumstances, or in the event of an administrative or clerical error.